Friday, August 31, 2007

Just Starting Out

My husband and I are considering international adoption. Well, to be honest about it, I've known I've wanted to adopt internationally since I was 3 years old. Some kids know they want to be doctors when they grow up. I knew I wanted to adopt internationally. I never had the urge to become a parent the biological way. Go figure.


Despite the fact that I've always known that I want to be an adoptive mom, I didn't start researching it until just a month or so ago. The reason being, I think, there just comes a time in your life when it feels right. When you have learned the ins and outs of marriage (or singleness), when you feel mature enough, accomplished enough, settled enough, unselfish enough. A time comes when you know that you want to have children and could be a good provider and parent. I guess I finally reached that time.


Anyway, I have now been researching international adoption for the past month and have learned a wonderous amount in such a short time. I thought it be a good idea to start a blog for other people who know nothing about international adoption, too, so that we can learn together and maybe I can make the process a little easier for others. Granted, I am not researching adoption in every country it is available, in general, just the countries where asian babies are available, but a lot of the things I've found out can be helpful to anyone who's contemplating international adoption.


I intend to add to this blog every day (but let's see how it goes). I hope that you enjoy it!

No comments: